2015 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Escape:

2015 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Escape

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Escape. While braking, the steering became difficult to maneuver and the vehicle veered into the other lane. The vehicle was taken to several mechanics, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was safe to drive, although the failure occurred daily. The tires were also checked and were verified as safe and in good condition. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Bangor, ME, USA

Nov 172015

Escape

While backing into a parking space, the ABS and traction control lights started flashing and audible warnings sounded. The car started shaking. I was unable to stop or steer my car. I had a low speed collision with a properly parked car. Thank god no one was injured. Had this happened on an open road the outcome would have been different. I had reported this problem to my dealer previously. They applied an existing recall saying that it fixed the issue. That was on the 20th of October 2015. The car is being towed to my dealer's body shop for inspection by usaa. I never want to drive it again. I am told to trade it in. How in good conscience can I do that??

- Columbia, SC, USA