2015 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Escape:

2015 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 242015

Rear rotors had excessive rust after 5000 mies. Caused rear brakes to grind and make loud noise. Also caused a one time back up for rear brakes not to work. Ford dealership in dickson, tn did a great job of fixing the problem. Their service dept was excellent.

- Mcewen, TN, USA

Nov 172015

While backing into a parking space, the ABS and traction control lights started flashing and audible warnings sounded. The car started shaking. I was unable to stop or steer my car. I had a low speed collision with a properly parked car. Thank god no one was injured. Had this happened on an open road the outcome would have been different. I had reported this problem to my dealer previously. They applied an existing recall saying that it fixed the issue. That was on the 20th of October 2015. The car is being towed to my dealer's body shop for inspection by usaa. I never want to drive it again. I am told to trade it in. How in good conscience can I do that??

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 262014

The front driver side wheel when backing squeals every tijme and every day ssince we had the car. Here it is July almost Aug. Had brought the car in to the dealer once in March and again for the same thing last week Friday. They tell me and my wife that they can not get it to do it at the dealer. My wife and I was sitting in my other Escape getting ready to leave when they backed it up and both my wife and I heard it from my car and they say they can not duplicate the problem" bold lie. They say the squeal is also normal that is another bold lie. They just do not want to replace the pads on T he car a $44 dollar item to satisfy a customer from hearing that horidous noise everyday. If it is normal then why my 2014 Escape does not do it"

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 282015

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

Vehicle exhibits severe intermittent brake squeal. Three times in for service. 1st time, no problem found. Second time, with video evidence of squeal, tech diagnosed left rear brake. Deglazed and and cleaned. 3rd time, pads changed and rotors machined. No change. Squeal returned in two days. Advised by Ford this is normal, but I could take it to another dealer for service. Three times in one month.

- Warren, OH, USA