2015 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Escape:

2015 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Escape 4-cyl

My 2015 Ford Escape is leaking oil all over the place. I see a recall #13S12 for this issue but it was not pulled up with my VIN number in specific. I am going to phil long Ford motor city 09/17/16 to have them fix the oil leak. I also have had the plastic clip from my back hatch handle break within a couple of months of owning my Ford. I just want to be sure that Ford is going to fix the recall for the oil leak and other recalls specific to my VIN at no additional charge. Thank you!

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Jun 232016

The car accelerated after slowed down to park. It surged toward a cement wall and only scraped it by me turning wheel but went between two cement pillars and knocking over a cement bench. Damage on the car and received a citation. I am just afraid if it happens again I won't be so lucky. So now I have to have the insurance company involved and it is costing me plus the citation. I think Ford motor should take of this and do whatever it takes to fix the problem

- Trinity, FL, USA

Jan 012016

I have a fuel smell inside of the car intermittent upon starting. This has been happening since the day I bought the car. The dealership is refusing to fix it.

- Camas, WA, USA

May 122015

A couple months after buying the car, it started stalling after driving it home from work.took to dealer put on the computer, nothing showed up as being wrong? they told me to put seafoam gas treatment in didn't work. The stalling kept happening after driving a long distance. After many times to the dealer (1time they kept it 2 weeks) they still couldn't find the problem" dealer decided to replace the throttle body and motor asy the only thing that controls the idle. It still continued to stall on and off after a long ride. Then in Feb. 2016 it stalled on I-75 several times this time not even 10 miles from work. We were going slow due to icy roads having to put in neutral just to keep from stalling. Back to dealer, nothing showed up on computer. My wife then called dealer concerned that it could stall while driving 70mph on the highway the dealer decided to replace the throttle body and motor asy again. Stumped on how to fix the problem got the car back Saturday. Went to work on Monday after work stopped to get gas shut off restarted car and it stalled?? there seems to be no specific reason or condition that it keeps stalling. It stalls while in gear or park? this is a serious issue and could cause bodily harm. Do I have a lemon"

- Linwood, MI, USA

Jan 012015

Escape 4-cyl

I bought this car new about a year ago. Almost immediately I noticed an intermittent hesitation when trying to accelerate after slowing or from a full stop. The hesitation varies from about two seconds or longer. When the car does accelerate it surges forward at a fast rate of speed. While trying to turn left at a traffic light on a two lane road with oncoming traffic with sufficient time my car hesitated upon accelerating causing the oncoming car to brake hard in order to avoid hitting me. This car also hesitates after pulling off a road into a parking lot, ie., store, school, and, at random, will hesitate upon accelerating for a several second delay only to surge in speed making it difficult to initially control. I have taken the car back to the original dealer six times and once to another Ford dealer. All say the because there is no fault code they cannot fix it. I called Ford eng. And was told the same thing. The last time I had this car to the dealer the invoice stated, "no codes" and road tested but the mileage in was the same as the mileage out indication that nothing was done. It has become obvious that Ford dealer I purchased this car from is now patronizing me. Therefore it has become a waste of time to keep bringing this car back. I have found a multitude of similar complaints about Ford vehicles on the internet. Many were being put off with the same excuse, "no code." I am a Ford retiree and highly disappointed that both a Ford dealership and Ford itself have patronize me to the point I believe I am being played because of my senior age. I believe this "hesitation" defect to be very dangerous and can result in severe injury or even death. Thank you.

- Jonesborough, TN, USA

Nov 172015

Engine fails to accelerate from stop. (random) while in pittsburgh traffic, vehicle runs fine, stop at stop light or stop sign waiting for traffic to pass. Try to take off and vehicle starts moving like it should and then suddenly loses acceleration, engine is unresponsive to throttle, rpms go down to just above idle with gas pedal pressed to floor, idle when released. This is a safety issue, can cause a major accident if not conscience of traffic around you and keeping in mind that the car may act up when pulling into traffic. It is in dealership now, Ford technicians are having a hard time finding culprit of problem.

- Mingo Junction, OH, USA

Nov 122015

When going down the interstate with the grooves in it the vehicle darts back and forth when I took it to the dealer and checked aleinment said was ok drove for a while bought it back again was told to like it or sell it or go to another dealer ship they did not even atemped to check tires hatton Ford N dak 1 more time going to turn it in to the lawyer for the N dak lemon law

- Buxton, ND, USA

Oct 292015

The oil filter pops off the vehicle. I was driving down the highway, and all of a sudden the engine ceased and the car stopped running. There were no lights or warning signals in advance of the vehicle ceasing. The car was towed to the Ford dealership in englewood, NJ where I purchased it, where they told me the oil filter popped off.

- Westbury, NY, USA

Sep 172015

Symptom: Fuse for interior lights, including gear indicator on shift, controls in steering wheel, fails. Issue began 2nd month of ownership 2/2015. 4th incident on 9/17/15 brought my attention to the circumstances pertaining to all instances leading to failure of the interior lights fuse. Incident: Traveling at 55 mph while merging into traffic from the left side of a 5 lane highway, I removed my foot from accelerator. I stepped on the accelerator within a few seconds and the engine shut off, all electrical components, dash board, gauges, everything shut themselves off and then every gauge and warning light lit up, but no engine. I moved the gear selector into neutral and turned the key to off without locking the steering wheel, and tried to restart the vehicle. It did not restart. I made my across 4 lanes of traffic to the right shoulder, stopped the car, put into park and turned the car all the way off and restarted the vehicle, the interior lights no longer worked. The car restarted and I drove on. I realized that every time the fuse for the interior lights has failed, it was after the car had shut itself off, all electrical lights and warning lights had gone off and then all warning lights and lights, except interior lights came back on, requiring turning the key to off engaging the steering wheel lock and restarting the car. It is currently in the shop for evaluation. The 3 previous times, the Ford dealers' (2 different dealers) service department technicians have not found a cause for the fuse failure.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jul 302015

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Escape. While driving at 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted after 10 seconds. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the electrical fuse number 60 needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Garden City, MI, USA

Mar 092015

Warning on screen. Take car to dealer immediately. I took the car to the dealer and after sitting there for over 3 hours I was told the issue was the cooling temperature sensor. When they came to tell me the car was finished I was told they did not do anything but unplug the sensor and wait 5 minutes the reconnect to clear the code. Since then the car takes a long time to heat up for the heater. It will blow cold air. I am disappointed with this car. I should not have had to wait over 3 hours at the dealer either for just unplugging the sensor. Not a good way to keep customers.

- Canton, NC, USA

Mar 122015

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

The added remote start works. However, when you open any door to get in the Escape...the engine shuts off. I would think that this would increase the wear and tear on the engine, starter, and the ignition due to the fact that your having to restart the vehicle again.

- Topeka, KS, USA