8.2

2016 Ford Escape miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Escape

When I back the car up, stop, put the car in drive, move foot to accelerator, the car wants to flood out, or die. The car will not move and when it does move it sometimes shudders again. My 2.5 L engine seems to be having the same problem as the 2.0 engines are having. A rolling reverse to drove engagement shudder on acceleration which continues after you start moving.

- Sandwich, IL, USA

Aug 012016

Escape

Was driving vehicle at 35 mph then engine died, service engine now light came on, message center said contact dealer. Restarted after put in park. Checked for codes with generic scan tool, obd2 code P2112 in memory. Contacted dealer purchased from for service. Was told no codes, but battery had been disconnected, clock was reset and all radio presets erased and bluetooth erased.

- New Franklin, OH, USA

Jul 202016

Escape

I want to report a life/health safety issue for a vehicle that I rented at reagan national airport on 17 July 2016 and returned the vehicle on 20 July 2016. The vehicle that we rented is a 2016 Ford Escape red, plate number nc eal2306 and budget car number 45880623. We only drove the car on Sunday the 17th three of the four occupants had the following symptoms: Headache, dizziness, and nausea after only a few minutes in the car with the A/C on in re-circulation mode. the reason I remember this detail is that the temperatures were very hot and we were trying to keep the car cool inside as the vehcile has black leather seats. We stopped by a restaurant for lunch and my wife thought she had some bad food. She had severe nausea, headache, and other upper respiratory symptoms. Our daughter had similar symptoms. I had sinus drainage, a headache and dizziness. We went out later in the day to check the route for our daughter's volleyball camp and we're in the car for approximately an hour and a half. Same symptoms occurred with three of four occupants.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 152016

Escape

I bought my 2016 Ford Escape back in January brand new and at 12,000 while driving it on a busy street, the engile light comes on and it starts showing a message that says "engine fault service now". it is very scary when that happens when driving it since it just starts shaking and it won't go anywhere. We have had a 2011 Ford Escape that had the exact same problem and it got recalled for it. You would think that Ford would build their newer vehicles safer after knowing that their older versions had problems with the throttle body. Thankfully we took it to the Ford service center and they are going to fix it hohopefully. But it sucks because it's our only vehicle we use to get to work and they had no loaners available. Hopefully Ford does something about it because this could have caused an accident.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 222016

Escape

Brought 2016 in November 2015 and check engine light was on and off on streets or highway and stayed on always. Truck been in the shop since 3/22/16 til 4/13/16 than 4/19/16 til date. Reasons replaced computer PCM, repaired wire twice, replace chips, replace wire again. Mccarthy Ford and regional manager not good with follow ups or good faith agreement.

- Chicago, IL, USA