2016 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 212016

Just bought the vehicle 5 months ago brand new with 14 miles on it and just the other day the airbag light came on and stayed on. Took it back to the dealership to have it serviced and was told that the wires for the airbag was pinched. I was advised that this was done while the vehicle was manufactured. If I had been in an accident I would have had a 50/50 chance of the airbag not deploying.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Feb 272016

I was driving on interstate 75 near bradenton in fl. 1:00 P.M. perfectly clear & dry day. I was hit from behind, sent my Ford into the grassy median, car came to a stop at a wire guard rail. I didn't hit another vehicle. I was knocked unconscious, so I have no recall. This happened near a construction area & all I remember is traffic slowing, perhaps I was going 45-50 mph, & in process of slowing down. Although there was extensive damage to left front & side no airbags deployed. My head/face apparently hit the steering wheel. Therefore seat belt restraints did not hold me tight to the seat. I was taken to E.R. - had a concussion, they did lots of tests, kept me overnight in icu, discharged the next day. Also, later I was told by auto collision company & insurance investigator that the driver seat was damaged & had apparently come loose. The vehicle was totaled.

- Sarasota, FL, USA