2016 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 272016

Escape

I was driving on interstate 75 near bradenton in fl. 1:00 P.M. perfectly clear & dry day. I was hit from behind, sent my Ford into the grassy median, car came to a stop at a wire guard rail. I didn't hit another vehicle. I was knocked unconscious, so I have no recall. This happened near a construction area & all I remember is traffic slowing, perhaps I was going 45-50 mph, & in process of slowing down. Although there was extensive damage to left front & side no airbags deployed. My head/face apparently hit the steering wheel. Therefore seat belt restraints did not hold me tight to the seat. I was taken to E.R. - had a concussion, they did lots of tests, kept me overnight in icu, discharged the next day. Also, later I was told by auto collision company & insurance investigator that the driver seat was damaged & had apparently come loose. The vehicle was totaled.

- Sarasota, FL, USA