8.1

2016 Ford Escape steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 172016

Escape

While driving down the interstate at 70 mph my vehicle died. No power steering. Very dangerous. The screen said 'engine fault'. managed to get to the shoulder and it restarted right away. Drove a little further, same thing. Managed to get it home but it did this 4 times over the course of the weekend. It is at the shop today but there are no lights on now so I don't know if they will be able to find the problem.

- Tahlequah, OK, USA

Jul 232016

Escape

Steering assist failure. No warning signs or anything. Complete loss of steering with only 1186 miles on the car. Owned it less than 2 months.

- Cheektowag, NY, USA

Jul 152016

Escape

In follow up to my original complaint number 10885168, steering assist malfunction while operating on the Massachusetts turnpike, which resulted in a loss of power steering, the dealership confirmed the vehicle needs a new steering rack at 2500 miles.

- West Hartford, CT, USA

Jul 152016

Escape

Driving my family home from a vacation, I lost my power steering on the Massachusetts turnpike. The vehicle has 2557 miles on it. The dashboard indicated, "steering assist off - service required - I was traveling at highway speed when this occurred and feared for my safety, the safety of my family and the safety of others on the turnpike. I called my dealer who referred me to Ford roadside assistance. The vehicle was flat bedded in to my Ford dealership. I checked the NHTSA website to see if there were any known issues related to steering with my year and model Ford. Although there was none for the 2016 at this time, there was a huge recall with the 2014 Ford Escape for this same steering assist issue. Hopefully, nobody will go through what I did. This issue could have easily called a major accident.

- West Hartford, CT, USA