2006 Ford Escape Hybrid fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Escape Hybrid

Our vehicle seemingly randomly shuts off all power to the engine and the electric motor. This can happen while we are moving or stopped in an intersection. We get a message of stop safely now on the dashboard. When you are in the middle of an intersection waiting to turn left in six lanes of traffic and your car stops for no apparent reason this isn't very safe. This has happened about 30 times. Sometimes it goes a year without a mishap or three times in one day.

- Marshall, NC, USA

Feb 062016

Escape Hybrid

Vehicle stalled during acceleratation. Then went idle and went into safety mode in traffic. Problem is the throttle body consumer satisfaction alert # 13no3 codes P2135, P2110, P2111

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Jan 302016

Escape Hybrid

Ford mec pump recall, did not help after replacing part. My escape died on me while going 70 mph on a busy highway, with my 18-month old son in the back seat. The "stop safely now" message appeared and I was barely able to get over 3 lanes onto the shoulder before it stopped completely, with cars speeding right past me. This was very dangerous. It happened 2 more times on the way home. This was during the last half of just a 20 mile trip.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 142015

Escape Hybrid

The brake system is very irritating because my ABS and brake light are on at weird times and to fix they said it would cost me $4500. That's ridiculous I can't afford something like that. It also just started spitting gas out at me when I go to fill it up. Did it to me twice the other day and I have no idea what the reasoning was for that never had happen before. Then when I go to drove off sometimes the vehicle likes to make a pop noise once or twice not sure what that's all about. These cars are have more problems then they are worth.

- Terre Haute, IN, USA

Nov 052012

Escape Hybrid 4-cyl

I am sitting on I-95 in Connecticut and almost got into an accident. My truck just stopped. The red triangle with the explanation point came on and the car flashed "stop safely". all systems are normal. This has happened 3 times this trip and I'll be lucky to get home alive.

- Greenwood Lake, NY, USA

Oct 152012

Escape Hybrid

When in the middle of an intersection, suddenly the "stop safely now" light came on and the vehicle immediately shut down. The shut down appears to have been caused by a faulty coolant system. From online reports, this is a frequent problem with this model and is very unsafe. I was almost hit by surrounding traffic because of the immediate loss of power and control.

- Glendale, CA, USA