3.1

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Escape Hybrid

The safety recall notices 14S05 / NHTSA recall 14V-286 and 14S09 / NHTSA 14V526000 were performed on my 2008 Ford Escape hybrid. However, the problems did not go away. Since the recalls, the car has had issues with reduced steering range, key/ignition not turning, power surge while driving, locking steering wheel, and the worst: A complete shut down of the powertrain while driving, resulting in a stall-like condition, putting our lives at risk. On June 11, 2016 the car was serviced and steering housing replaced. We asked for service to check the entire car-- everything!!!!-- as the car had been acting strangely with power surges and locking steering wheel while driving. Today, July 10 2016, while driving South on interstate-5 in ca, heading from home (danville, ca) to college (san diego, ca) the car's system completely failed while driving up the grapevine, a section of freeway that is extremely crowded and full of large 18 wheelers. My poor daughter (who now owns the car) called me, screaming hysterically, full of terror and fearing for her life. She had no power, was unable to steer, did her best the Dodge the 18 wheelers and "limp mode" over to the side of the freeway. She's now on the way with tow truck driver to drop the car off at Ford of valencia ca. I told her do not ever drive that car again. It is a seriously dangerous vehicle.

- Danville, CA, USA

Jan 302015

Escape Hybrid 4WD 4-cyl

I received a recall letter from Ford in October 2014 stating that the motor electronics coolant pump may fail causing the engine to overheat causing it to lose power and stall and increasing the risk of a crash. So far I have never received a notice to bring the car in to fix it. I did stop by the local Ford dealer to find out why the haven't notified me and they said that they never received the parts from the Ford company. We are planning on a long trip shortly but afraid to drive this car. [ its been 6 months since I received the letter ] I think its time they take care of the safety problem. Can you help??

- Harrison, OH, USA

Apr 302013

Escape Hybrid 4-cyl

When coming to a stop the car jerked/pulsates and ABS indicator blinked. The problem is continuous. This seems to be a common problem with Ford based on internet research.

- Hawthorn Woods, IL, USA

Mar 132012

Escape Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving I noticed a lack of power and got the message "stop safely now". as the manual stated I pulled over, waited a few minutes. The car started up again but the event kept happening all the way home. I brought the car to a dealer who made a repair costing 642 dollars. The car ran fine for a month but when on a major highway I had the same experience except it was more difficult to deal with the loss of power in busy traffic. I was in the passing lane to allow another car enter the highway from an on ramp when it happened and I was lucky to be able to cross three lanes of traffic to bring the car to rest. Again, it happened all the way home causing me to finally drive in the breakdown lane with flashers on. I went online and learned that this is an ongoing problem with Ford hybrids. My question is why no recall on such an expensive and dangerous problem?

- Deep River, CT, USA