1.2

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Jul 222016

Escape Hybrid

I was driving at 55 mph on the highway and the wrench light came and following engine light, the car suddenly began to slow down, after that acerlation would not go more than 15mph, checked the code got P2112

- Cary, IL, USA

Nov 042015

Escape Hybrid

While backing out of my driveway, my power steering suddenly and completely went out. A dashboard light came on which read "power steering assist fault." I drove to my Ford dealership and was told that my VIN was not on the recall list and the list was "VIN specific." I was told by the dealership the part that needed replacement is the torque sensor which is one of the parts specifically mentioned in the recall for the 2009 escape. The NHTSA website called the recall 14S05. I have been told it will cost approx. $900 to repair my vehicle.

- West Hills, CA, USA