2.7

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 022013

Escape Hybrid 6-cyl

Throttle body assembly engine light kept coming on and off for last 2 years then at the last times car would shut off.

- Barton, MD, USA

Jul 022013

Escape Hybrid 6-cyl

I was at a red light and I went to excel forward, I got to about 5 or 10 mph the car jerked forward then stopped getting gas. I pushed the pedal and it just kept jerking. It was pouring rain out and I was not near a shoulder to pull over. I had to put my hazards on and call a tow truck. It was horrifying, cars were whizzing by and I had my 6 month old son in the car with me, I was trembling. Once it was towed to the Ford store they called me and told me it was my throttle body. Not only did I have to pay 100 bucks to get towed, and 100 bucks to my extended warranty program as the deductible, but I am also out of a car for a minimum of 2 weeks. I started doing a little research only to find out this is a very common problem. I am livid that Ford has not issued a recall for a problem that could potentially be fatal and that by this point they have to be aware of. I see not reason I should have to come out of pocket for a problem the manufacturer caused. Not to mention my husband is in the military and we recently received orders across the country, what if this had happened during that cross country drive? at this point my car is still in the shop, and I am looking to possibly just trade it in, I am scared to pieces to even drive it again for fear this issue will reoccur. Something needs to be done.

- Jacksonville , NC, USA

Jun 112013

Escape Hybrid 6-cyl

I traveled approximately 2.5 miles when the car stalled, stopped operating and I had no power to the drive train. The air conditioner and radio still worked so I still had electrical power. I was able to coast to a stop but it was dangerous traffic. I turned everything off and the car restarted. It was initially sluggish but I traveled the next 3 miles home. Drove it to dealership. Dealer test drove it and it stalled again. Dealer analyzed it and said the car had a bad throttle body. New part will take a month to get and I can't drive car.

- Jasper, GA, USA