2.5

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 202016

Escape Hybrid

I was driving down the road and the vehicle got sluggish. Would only go 35 mph and would not accelerate. I had to pull over and turn car off and turn on and the same thing kept happening. I was scared to drive the car because the speed limit is well over 35 and my car would not go faster. When I took to the Ford dealership to get fixed, it was the electronic throttle body. It was fixed but when researching this online, I noticed there were many cars with the same issue.

- Cumming, GA, USA

May 232013

Escape Hybrid 6-cyl

Two weeks ago I put gas in my escape and the mileage to E reader did not go up after I finished pumping the gas like it normally does. So I pushed the vapor release lock in the gas cap, and it went up to where the reader should have been, which im not sure if that is valid to the issue I am having with my escape but I just thought I would include this just in case. Anyway, later that night on my way home from the gas station is when I had my first incident with the gas pedal not working. I was accelerating up a small incline and then starting losing power and speed. So I pulled over and put my car in park and it was sputtering so I turned my car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. When I turned it back on I tried to push the gas pedal to see if my car would move and it worked fine, and I had no issues with it until today. Which like I said has been about two weeks since that first incident. Then this morning when I was on my way to work, it happened again. I was accelerating up a small incline and started to lose power and speed, so I pulled over turned my car off and it worked, I got about 2 miles until it did it again. So I just pulled over turned it off and back on and took off again. It probably stopped working about 30 more times within a 3 mile trip, and I finally gave up and called a tow truck to take it to my dealership where I purchased the car where they then told me that it was the throttle body actuator.

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA

Mar 272013

Escape Hybrid

This is the second time now this has happened. I reported the first time to you guys about a year ago. I'll have to look at my paperwork I can't keep track of the problems with this vehicle. Yesterday morning I was driving to the dmv here in town. Just as I was coming around the corner a block from the dmv the escape started stalling/"heaving." I let up on the gas and the escape continued to heave for a couple of seconds then the engine felt like it was close to normal again. I pulled into the dmv parking lot and as I braked to park in a space the escape started stalling/heaving again and the vehicle shut off. I sat there for half a mi ute and decided I would try to drive the short distance to the Ford dealership. I turned the engine on and the vehicle immediately started to stall/heave again. I put the vehicle in reverse and as I backed out of the space I could feel the engine become somewhat normal again. Drove straight to the Ford dealership.

- Merced, CA, USA