2011 Ford Escape Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2011 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 282011

Escape Hybrid

While driving eastbound on I70 through Kansas, my 2011 Escape hybrid lost power to the drive train. Without warning, the engine started racing as if it had shifted into neutral. While coasting, I put the car into neutral and then back to drive. It continued to be unresponsive to my stepping on the accelerator pedal. I coasted to a stop on the shoulder of the highway. I did not notice any indicator warning at the time, although in subsequent similar events, the "stop safely hazard warning" light came on. I turned the ignition off and restarted. The car showed no sign of any problem. I put the car in gear and drove on without further trouble. The dealer found no problem with the car and suggested that the problem was somehow a random occurrence that was unlikely to happen again. As I discovered, it happened over and over again, but only on long trips, and the service people could not replicate the problem. Most recently the car failed as described no less than 16 times on a 1300 mile trip this summer.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Apr 262015

Escape Hybrid 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Escape hybrid. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The throttle body was replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Sep 202013

Escape Hybrid

I was driving at approximately 45mph when my vehicle lost speed, and would not respond to pressure to the gas. As I coasted to the side of the road, I had to shut the vehicle off and back on to get it to work. I have had it happen a dozen times since then. In a parking garage, at low speeds, on the interstate at 70mph.

- Catawissa, MO, USA