8.0

1993 Ford Escort electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1993 Ford Escort:

1993 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Jun 102007

Escort

When I had bought the car the man selling it took me for a ride in it and rode it hard... I thought he was just showing me how fast the car could go.. but that was not the case. I bought the car and when I went to drive it home the transmission was not shifting and I could not go over 20mph. it turns out that the speed sensor was out on the car. the speedometer was not working nor was the car shifting. what the guy did was ride the car hard to MAKE it shift then when i drove it it was shifting. So I took it in and got it fixed ... cost about 100$, but once I got that fixed it was a pretty dependable car.

- , Findlay, OH, USA