1995 Ford Escort brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Escort:

1995 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Oct 312014

Escort LX 1.9L

I have never seen a car speed up by itself. My husband was about to park it in front of the house when suddenly it started to speed up. The brake did not work. The car hit two cars in front and one car behind until got to a full stop in a tree. Thanks to air bags, my husband was not injured and no one was injured. The car is completed damaged. I had no idea the car had alarms. I have the car for 8 years. I bought the used car from another driver. It is first time and last time when the alarm sounded on the car.

The car was towed for insurance. We want to have an expert checking on it. My husband had no fault. I saw what happened from my apartment window. The noise of hitting the cars was loud.

Thank you for reading my comment.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA