4.0

1998 Ford Escort AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Escort:

1998 Ford Escort Owner Comments

May 152008

Escort SE

Mostly on the passenger side, water collects underneath the dash - inside the car - and drips down onto the carpet. If I go around a sharp turn it literally pours out and makes a puddle on the floor. Less often it drips down on the driver's side, but when it does it's usually right on my foot that's on the gas pedal! Also there is a lot of rust in the water. I replaced my blower motor and resistor in April this year (2008). Both were shot, possibly due to the same problem. The parts I replaced were pretty well rusted out, especially the resistor. After I had replaced them, the problem seemed to be gone for a while, but then came back a couple of months later. The AC works pretty well, but the air coming out feels pretty humid. I'm worried I'll have to replace the parts again soon if this keeps up!

- , Chandler, AZ, USA