1. blown head gasket (1 reports)
1998 Ford Escort engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Escort:

1998 Ford Escort Owner Comments

May 202010

Escort 2.0L

So, I'm coming home after a rough day at work via the freeway. Car ran great, as usual. All of a sudden, when I came to a stop on the off ramp, my car idled rough for a second or two and cut off. I had to start the car again and drive off amongst the honking horns of people I pissed off with my stalling car. Ever since then, whenever my car comes to a stop and begins to idle, I have to throw it in neutral and rev the engine to keep it from dying on me. HELP!!!!

Update from Jul 19, 2010: Turns out my head gasket was blown, lucky me.

- , Akron, OH, USA