1999 Ford Escort electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Escort:

1999 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Jul 022006

Escort ZX2

Within the time span of about 6 or 7 months, I've had to replace the alternator. This could possibly be because of the stereo system I have in my car, but I thought it worth mentioning, since the first alternator I had to replace ended up dying while I was driving across the country--It is NOT fun to be stranded in the middle of Nebraska. Everything under the hood of this car seems to be extremely difficult to get to, with everything being so jam-packed together. Very frustrating if you're playing mechanic.

- , McHenry, IL, USA