- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1999 Ford Escort
Worst 1999 Escort engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- dropped valve seat cylinder #49
- idles roughly, stalls6
- engine stutters while starting2
- engine loses power1
- running roughly1
- service engine soon light comes on, then stalls1
- stalls out while driving1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline30
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine22
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escort Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Escort compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escort overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escort.