2000 Ford Escort wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Escort:

2000 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Jun 062014

Escort ZX2 2.0L

The noise does change with different road surfaces so I do think it is the tires (going to try new tires if not, change wheel bearings), but after seeing the same problem reported here by someone else it makes me wonder!! The car does not pull to either side, make any other noises when I turn to the left or right and goes down the road pretty straight when I take my hands off the steering wheel. I just purchased it a week ago. Yeah it does have a lot of miles but it is pretty good mechanical shape still.

Any suggestions I haven't thought of????? Thanks!!

- , Scottsville, NY, USA