9.2

2000 Ford Excursion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Excursion:

2000 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

Jul 162014

Excursion XLT 6.8L V10

Rear sparkplug on the passenger side blew out while driving at 60 mph. Vehicle is stranded 150 miles away waiting to be repaired. This spark plug had blown out once before approximately 3 years ago.

- , Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Jan 292013

Excursion V10

Plug blew out while on the freeway. Definitely not a torque problem as it was the original motocraft plug.

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 232012

Excursion Limited 6.8L V10 Triton

I owned this vehicle since new in Jan 2000. It has almost 200,000 miles on it. I changed the spark plugs at 100,000 miles and never had an issue before this, so Ford;s claim of improperly installed spark plugs being the cause is utter bullshit.

This is my fist experience with this problem and was amazed when I started researching the problem on the Internet to find the huge number of forums and complaint sites dedicated to this problem.

How Ford can be in denial is beyond comprehension. It was a design flaw, clear and simple. If it wasn't, then explain why Ford redesigned the threads on the later built heads?

I've seen there are a couple of class action lawsuits filed against Ford for this problem, but I think that there should be one national lawsuit to make Ford pay for these repairs. My estimate from a dealer is $600 labor plus parts.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD.

- , Long Valley, NJ, USA

Jan 102011

Excursion Limited 5.4L

Okay, well at least the spark plug was saved this time, it landed on the top of radiator, when it shot out. This is poor workmanship. I have researched and this is a common problem mostly on the rear sparkplug.

- , Fletcher, OK, USA

Sep 232011

Excursion V10

While driving 85 miles from home my 2000 V-10 Excursion w only 92,000K miles on it blew the #3 plug clear out of the head!

The Dealer I called told me they repair this problem once a month. That is a lot for one dealership. There are thousands in

this world dealing with the same problem. Since then, I have researched this and FOUND that not only has it happened to

others, BUT it has happened to ALOT of others...!! I have also found that this problem has been reported many times and to

date, NOTHING has been done about it. When this plug blow out of the head, fuel was being pushed out of the head and could have CAUSED a fire under the hood. At speeds on interstates as high as they are, My infant son, myself and our dog COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED..!!!! So why is no one doing anything about this problem...!!!?????!!!!"

- , Bethlehem, PA, USA

Oct 222010

Excursion Limited 5.4L

2nd time replacing ignition coil which was broke from spark plug shooting out while driving down the road. Only on the rear spark plug on the passenger side, closest to the firewall. Once again, replacing with a sleeve and new ignition coil.

- , Fletcher, OK, USA

Mar 292011

Excursion Limited

this is the fourth time a plug shoots loose, it's very annoying and expensive to get it fixed

- , La Puente, CA, USA

Feb 262009

Excursion Limited 10 cyl

This is the 2nd time a spark plug has ejected from the head. The first time I was lucky and some threading was still left. I was able to purchase a new plug and install it. This time, however, the threading was was stripped when the plug ejected. This is a different spark plug than the first time. I am taking it in today and getting an estimate. I am pissed to find out that this is common malfunction. Just to add to the above complaint, the ball joints have been replaced 3 times in the front end. I am by no means an aggressive driver. This vehicle should be able to with stand normal driving circumstances with no problem. But as I can see from other complaints....

- , Fairfield, OH, USA