1. replace engine (1 reports)
2002 Ford Excursion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Excursion:

2002 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

Mar 252012

Excursion Limited 6.8L V10

While driving home from an extended trip with my family, cylinder 4 lost compression, which made the vehicle run rough for the duration of the trip. When I came home, I replaced all plugs and coils and for the plug in cylinder 4, I noticed the old plug came out with a sleeve, which was an indication that the plug probably blew (typical with the Ford Triton engines). I took it to a shop where they told me I had no compression in that cylinder and the only recommended fix was to replace the engine. I only have 160K miles on the engine.

I have done extensive research and it looks like Ford is unwilling to accept responsibility for the poor design of this engine, which is a shame.

- , Howard, OH, USA