2004 Ford Excursion lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Excursion:

2004 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

Jan 252013

Excursion 10-cyl

While checking "all" lights prior to a road trip, I found that my exterior "parking" lights failed to work. I checked for any recalls and found one dated July 13 2011 NHTSA # 11V352000 and Ford recall # 11C18. I took the vehicle to my Ford dealer who said he could not find a recall on my vehicle. I was quoted a price of, min: $130 to diagnostic the problem and find the cure. I'm under the impression this is a "safety recall" for my vehicle, for failure to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 108 "lamps, reflective devices, associated equipment, and strongly feel it is Ford irresponsibility to repair this problem as per the recall listed above.

- Guthrie, OK, USA

Sep 192011

The contact owns a 2004 Ford Excursion. While at a traffic light the contact was informed that the exterior brake lights were not illuminated when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V352000 (exterior lighting:brake lights) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 154,000.

- Richmond, VA, USA