5.3

1997 Ford Expedition suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Expedition:

1997 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

May 132009

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L V8

Bought a 97 eddie b 4x4 expedition runs great but has several little pains. I have 240,ooo miles but still have plenty of power that amazes me but the front in rattles when i hit bumps. Ive changed shocks and upper control arm with ball joint. Also door ajar light comes on for no reason and everytime i shut the drivers door it locks (thats my biggest annoyence.) I have to go unlock the drivers door from the passengers side every time i close the door. VERY ANNOYING

- , Bfe, Sticks, USA

May 012006

Expedition 4.6L

Great vehicle, just that noise in my front suspension is really annoying. Changed the tie rods, changed the brakes and roters, and that squeaking sound is still there. Overall great vehicle, annoying noise.

- , Des Plaines, IL, USA

Nov 082007

Expedition

I really like the vehicle, we bought in from the in-laws who bought it new, so we have been the only owner. The only problem is that it is so squeaky, people look at it from blocks away, it squeaks when it turns, when it hits bumps. I guess one benefit is that you don't have to let anyone know you are there when you go to a dove shoot.

I really like the ride, just not the embarrassment of the horrible squeak.

- , Greenville, AL, USA