2. pay to replace the switch (1 reports)
1998 Ford Expedition accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Expedition:

1998 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 052006

At about 60,000 mile the washer switch came temperamental and would only work if you pressed the edge just right. Later about 75,000 miles it just stopped working at all. No washer is a real pain in the butt during winter. So I finally bit the bullet and opted to get it repaired at a dealer. I think the part was $75.00 and three hours of labor. To add insult to injury, they put the steeling column back together wrong and tried to blame me. Yeah right like I took it apart AFTER it was fixed� Anyways, after much calling to Ford and the dealership, they corrected their problem. And guess what! It's back!!!! Yes, at 103,000 miles, the switch is acting up again. Exactly like before. And now it is December with snow now on the ground. I cannot believe that I'll have to pay another $275 to get it repaired again! I don't care about the "A" plan pricing I get from my brother-in-law, this will be the last Ford I'll own!

- , Fraser, MI, USA

Aug 302006

Expedition Eddie Bauer

Here in Guam, dust and salt deposit is at it's best. Driving vision at nite is poor due to salt reflecting off of on-coming traffic, and when your windshield washer doesn't work and you try to hope the just turning the wiper on would do... it just makes it worse. I have checked the fuse (good). Before this problem occured, the damn thing would work every now and then... now, nothing....

- , Santa Rita, Guam, USA