- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1998 Ford Expedition
Worst 1998 Expedition engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- spark plug blew out the head10
- engine shudder3
- engine burns oil1
- engine is missing when it rains1
- engine misfire1
- stalls at idle1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine58
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control39
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline28
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control28
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal6
- NHTSA: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.