1998 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Expedition:

1998 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 062013

Expedition

Feels like my transmission is sticking will not pick up or takes a minute to switch to next level, drives sluggish when it's cold. This very difficult to deal with. I don't know what's going on with my truck, makes a noise when pressing on gas pedal

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 172010

Expedition 5.4

My expedition is shuddering so bad it's a pain to drive. I've fixed everything that was on the list of possible causes that the computer printed out at autozone and it's still running like crap. I've read that alot of people have had the same problems with that year and model. Why the hell won't ford man up and recall the damn thing? I'm NEVER buying another ford EVER!!!

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Jul 252006

Expedition XLT

the engine starts shuddering gradually at first then gets worse and finally to the point that it is shaking bad.

- , Cullman, AL, USA