1. replace cable (1 reports)
1999 Ford Expedition drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Expedition:

1999 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Sep 192007

Expedition 5.4L

Was shifting vehicle from park to drive, when the gear shaft shifted completely through reverse, neutral, drive to lower gear. I was unable to put it in park and had to drive to the repair shop in second gear. Once I did get there and turned the ignition off, the engine will not restart. Worse case scenario, luckily I was in an area that was safe for me to be stranded. God forbid if I was anywhere else if this was to occurred! I have heard of several other complaints in regards to the drive-shift cable.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA