2.8

1999 Ford Expedition fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Expedition:

1999 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jan 092009

Expedition

Was driving car to work this morning. Made a right hand turn and heard a knocking noise suddenly after completing turn. Pulled to side of road and immediately shut down vehicle. After shutting down I smelled what appeared to be gasoline. Called my insurance company and they had vehicle towed to Ford dealership. After waiting a few hours they told me spark plug had popped out and cylinder head needed to be fixed along with plug, and it was indeed gasoline I smelled. They said it would need major repair to fix, and tried to convince me to pay and arm and a leg. I don't care about that, I care that my child could have been in car, as I pick her up every day from school. Also mad that a fire could have started and Ford does nothing about this problem and that there have been thousands of complaints from Ford truck owners with Expedition and F150's from 97-02. Something better be done to recall these faulty engine components, or families will suffer from Ford's lack of safety with these plugs and cylinder heads/coils.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Jun 202003

Expedition

Fuel line is leaking gas on top of the fuel tank. Dealer notified. Consumer indicated that the vehicle is running without any warranty.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Aug 032002

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

Interior lights malfunctioning, daytime running lights not working correctly, heating/cooling system not working properly; stays on even when key is not in ignition. When ignition is turned on or off, the woofer makes a loud thumping sound. Woofer inoperable. Right sign wing never worked properly/ will not open or close. Braking system is doubtful, it squeaks, and when gas is released engine and braking are not coordinated smoothly. Constant squeaking when in motion. Dealerships service repair personal neglect and refuse to find the causes, even though vehicle is still under warranty.

- Brooklyn, , NY, USA