1. both inner & outer tire rod ends (1 reports)
1999 Ford Expedition suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Expedition:

1999 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 192006

Expedition Eddie Bauer

I arrived at work and tried backing up and then noticed the SUV was hesitant. I went forward and tried again backing up and then noticed I was dragging something , then went out to see my left tire turned inside BUT my steering wheel was straight. I backed up the rest of the way and the other wheel went as well. Called tow truck and $590 CDN quote it was fixed. It was the inner & outer tire rod end on both sides. But I did save $190 buying the parts and dropping it off to the garage.

Thank GOD it happen at work that morning as the night before I was driving on the highway with my 2 kids. I hate to think what would happen going 65 mph down the highway and the wheels go everywich way. Called Ford dealer to see if any defects/warranties and said there was none. HArd to imagine not even 4 years use out of the vehicle and that could happen!

- , Dieppe, NB, Canada