2000 Ford Expedition accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Expedition:

2000 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 012011

Expedition XLT 4.6L

The passenger door not opening I feel is a safety hazard.....its not just my expedition but I have two sisters with ford explorers with the same issue but its their driver side door.

- , Hopewell, VA, USA

Mar 212008

Expedition LTD 3.2L

Pulled into the yard after driving for 3 hours, exhausted, needing to use the bathroom facilities and my driver's door won't open. Lock buttons moved up and down on all the doors, but still won't open. Rolled down the window and tried opening from the outside, no luck there either. I'm older so crawling over console was just a little inconvenient to say the least; thankfully I don't have mobility problems like some others. Damn passenger side wouldn't open either. Couldn't reach back door handles, so I had to crawl into back seat, neither door would open there. Starting to get a little panicked by this time. Rear door hasn't got a way to open on the inside. Now I'm really in a flap. Back I crawl into the driver's seat and start playing with the locks again, still nothing. Finally my son pulls up, takes the keys and opens the rear door. So now I crawling over seats again and really frustrated. We finally got rear doors to open and front passenger door, but not the driver's. When the doors shut it automatically locks all doors. There is only a key lock on the driver's door and the rear door.

So to enter, I have to go through the rear door and exiting through the passengers side. This is not an easy task for someone my age. I have found many complaints about this on the internet, but still no solution to the problem.

- , Lloydminster, AB, Canada