- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2000 Ford Expedition
Worst 2000 Expedition engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- spark plug blow out26
- knocking sound from engine3
- stumbles, sputters, no acceleration3
- blown head gasket1
- blue smoke at startup1
- engine blew up and caught fire1
- engine starts to rev while driving1
- loss of oil pressure1
- misfires under light acceleration1
- runs rough1
- runs roughly when A/C is on1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control58
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control42
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling39
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine37
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.