1. ford replaced due to recall (1 reports)
2001 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jun 152010

Expedition XLT 4.6L Triton V8

I have a few colorful words for Ford.... just use your imagination as to what finger I am holding up... it sure isn't my thumb. I should have got rid of it when I was not notified of a recall for the VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL and it caught on fire a year ago. Ford refused to replace what was fire damaged.... only the recall part. Then when they "fixed" it I still had no speed control so what did they fix? NOTHING! Not only that, the fire blew out fuses to my windows and A/C. After Ford "replaced" the part I am out in the parking lot trying to figure fuses so I can roll my windows down or turn on A/C (summer time, 95 outside and had all 5 of my kids with me), a mechanic that knew my whole ordeal walks by and asked if everything was okay. I explain to him that I don't know which fuse is for my windows or A/C. He just chuckles and says "Well at least no more fires." and walks away without offering to aid a mother with 5 kids!

- , Holden, LA, USA