1. insert helicoil (1 reports)
2001 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Mar 192015

Expedition XLT 4.6L Triton

I've been having problems with my spark plugs blowing out. I've had my truck for 4-5yrs now and I've had a spark plug to blow 3 times. Each time its gets more expensive and difficult to fix! The first time I was driving down the highway and out of no where, it pops and starts putt-puttin! The fumes quickly fill the truck and the noise is an bearable knocking sound! Took about $300 to get fixed only for it to happen again a month later! This time I had to get a new coil too, so you can just imagine how I felt having to pay even more money! And last but not least, this sh*t happened again last week, but this time when it blew up the spark plug it also blew the head too! Good thing I didn't have my children in the car and I just so happen to be down the street from my house! This issue has became a pain in the butt! It is very dangerous and something needs to be done about . I promise I won't stop till I get answers!

- , Fulton, KY, USA

Sep 282014

Expedition XLT 5.4L

What a RIDICULOUS problem !

Never, ever had this happen before in 50 years of auto and truck ownership!

- , Louisville, KY, USA