2001 Ford Expedition fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

May 012012

Expedition 4.6L

I can't fill the tank without topping it off. Which is bad all around. When I go to put gas in the nozzle will continually click off starting after adding approx. only 9 gallons (it holds approx 20-22 gals). I then must continue to keep fueling by hand until it has topped off and spilled over in order to have a full tank.

Hopefully someone will have a solution to this problem as I always get gas splashed on me, and horrible for the gas station and other patrons (gas spilled) and the environment plus having to pay for spilled gas!

- , Imperial Beach, CA, USA