2001 Ford Expedition fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Vehicle was havin jerkin issues and check engine light was on, took to shop and it was about to blow out the spark plug, I was lucky and caught it and got it replaced but I have done research and seen that many others haven't been and that this is an ongoing issue. My next problem was acceleration, the gas pedal accelerated and cause me to crash into another vehicle and the vehicle fled the scene, there was no major injuries but 4 kids were in the vehicle and are now scared to even ride with me. Mental stress is a major injury in my concern cause it hurts my heart to know my own children are scared that I wont protect them. My third problem is that just yesterday we parked on the side of the side of the road and the vehicle died and wont start, talked to mechanics and they say 01 Ford have this problem, we now have a broke down vehicle and not too sure what the defect has caused more problems to be worse. Due to the defect now the starter solenoid is out and we are unsure if possibly even the fuel pump. Ford knows of all these complaints from other owners and has done nothing. Just in my family I have 2 others that have the same vehicle and have had the same problems, why is it that Ford is not doing anything about these defects that can cause major accidents and injuries"?"

- Anahuac, TX, USA