1.4

2002 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Expedition:

2002 Ford Expedition Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 032012

Expedition 8-cyl

Driving to amusement park 1 1/2 hours from my house #2 spark plug blew out of engine. Had to stop and have vehicle towed to nearest Ford dealer. Spent $644.66 dollars to repair, and notified Ford Motor Company of problem. This is a common occurrence to this engine type and Ford knows about it and does nothing to fix it.

- Shoemakersville, PA, USA

Jan 042012

Expedition

Sitting in a parking lot sounded like something hit my car. Engine started running very bad. For the 2 time a spark plug had blown out of the engine. Waiting on a tow truck again.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 182010

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

Sitting at a stop light sounded like a gun shot engine started running very bad. I had a spark plug blow out of the engine.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 062012

Expedition

As I was merging onto the freeway, I heard a loud bang followed by a motorcycle sound out of my engine my check engine light came on, upon taking it to the shop and paying $94.50 just to look at it, I learned that my spark plug and coil box had exploded out......the repair place told me this is a on going problem with Ford and charged me $400 to fix it... this should be a recall"????"

- Stockton, CA, USA