1. install insert replace spark plug (14 reports)
  3. recoil plug and replace all plugs (13 reports)
  4. re-tapped hole (1 reports)
  5. replace head (1 reports)
  6. replaced spark plug (1 reports)
2002 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Expedition:

2002 Ford Expedition Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 282009

Expedition XLT 5.4L V8

This problem is way beyond your typical remove and replace problems. Ford has a very serious design, assembly or manufacturing defect (possibly all three) that it won't own up to. I have owned at least one or two ford trucks for the last 20 years plus. But now I am done with ford. Wouldn't even recommend them now. I have been an aircraft mechanic and automotive mechanic for more than 30 years. Not that any other vehicle isn't going to have certain issues but an engine that is not totally reliable and a factory that will not stand behind its product/mistake then we are through. There are way too many good vehicles out there to be punished like this from ford. What happened to "Quality is Job One!" (sorry Dr Deming) I can think of several companys that are not taking my tax money and sticking me with a problem car, talk about double dip. I had a 4 Runner that was nice, maybe it is time to give toyota a call.

So long ford and thanks for all the fish.

- , Henderson, NV, USA

Jan 062009

Expedition EB 5.4L

How and the he77 can a spark plug pop/ jump out of the head??? WTF??!!!

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

Nov 252008

Expedition Trition 5.4 5.4L

We were stranded on the side of the road. The Ford dealer happened to be the next exit... thank God! We were about 2 hours from home. My car was in the shop overnight and it has been running for a few days like a dream. But we are done with the car and Ford.

It really sucks when you have a family member driving 2.5 hours every week getting chemo and something like this happens to you and the jerks at Ford know that this is something they need to resolve!

I am so pissed. We have driven a Ford for years. But, never again. We are trading it in for a Honda.

- , Spring Valley, CA, USA

Nov 182007

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L V8

Like before I am still in a financial situation where I can't afford to fix it (mouths to feed and a roof to pay for). Plus I worry that if I sink any more money into it that it may become a permanent money hole. I don't feel that it would be fair of me to sell this piece of crap to anyone else, and I would never get what is owed for it as is. Ford is avoiding helping out with this issue even though this problem has been reported hundred if not a thousand times. I for one will continue not buying ford products just because they suck. How could a vehicle shoot out 3 spark plugs?

- , Palmer, AK, USA