2002 Ford Expedition wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Expedition:

2002 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 202007

Expedition

I noticed today that the side wall tires on my Michelin -cross terrianin SUV radial X tires appear to have cross cuts in the sidewalls on 3 of 4 tires (one was recently replaced). Another the rubber appears to breaking off, leaving a white coating behind the rubber. Plan to take to dealer who sold me the tires, but am doubtful the will act.

- Madison, MS, USA

Mar 012003

Expedition 8-cyl

Two large bubbles developed on the sidewall of the front driver's side tire. The rear tail light lens was cracked, and the trim for the center console was replaced.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 102003

Expedition 8-cyl

My wife had a tire blowout on our 2002 Ford Expedition. Tires mounted on the vehicle were the general aw grabbers 17inch. We were informed last year a couple of months after vehicle was purchased that these tires had been recalled. We contacted dealership and took our vechicle in to another local dealership, and they said no they had not been recalled even after we insisted they at least look at the tires. My wife and infant child were in the vechicle which caused extensive damage to the car but thankfully only minor bumps and bruises to my family. We are in the process of getting legal advice and have taken numerous pictures of the tire and had our own tech examine the tire.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jun 232003

Expedition

While driving, the left front tire experienced a blowout at the sidewall.general, grabber aw, P275/60R17, dot- adt044T4201, and 24,016 miles on original tires.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Jan 052002

Expedition 8-cyl

While driving, the right rear tire had split open in the sidewall causing the tire to flatten. Ts scc

- Lake Charles, LA, USA