1. had to replace rotors and brakes at low mileage (4 reports)
2003 Ford Expedition brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Expedition:

2003 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Mar 172009

The truck shakes like crazy it pulls vibrates its awful. Very annoying I have replaced the rotators 3 times turned them replace the brakes and that still hasn't solved the problem. Just need some help getting the problem solved and fixed please because i cant keep putting money into this truck and paying the notes help me please this is killing me....

- , Toxey, AL, USA

Feb 112009

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

I am having problems with the brakes being spungy at times and I am having to pump the brakes twice to get pressure. Otherwise, its fine!

- , Tampa, Floridaa, USA

Feb 122004

Expedition LX V8

I too had a problem with the Brakes/Rotor wearing prematurely. I took it to my local dealership and they said it would be a "covered" repair. They fixed it, but when I picked it up, they said it was NOT covered after all; but since they originally told me it was covered they paid for it.

- , Auburn, AL, USA

Jan 232007

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

I have had to replace the brakes and rotors three times on my 2003 Ford Expedition. I used O. E. the first two times and then went to a ceramic brake the third. The ceramic brake lasts much longer but it warps the front rotors and I get excessive jerking in the steering wheel under moderate braking, such as fast braking for slowing or stopped traffic on a congested freeway. I know another person with the same vehicle and he has experienced the same problems.

- , Tracy, CA, USA

Jan 142007

Expedition XLT 5.4

I own a 2003 Ford Expedition and had to replace the rotors at 18,000 and will have to have then replaced now again at 31,000. They claim it's normal wear and tear but that doesn't explain why at three people I know who own the same vehicle 2003 or newer had to replace the rotors at 16,000 and 13,000. Normal wear and tear yeh right. Ford f150 brakes are having the same issue and the buck is being passed onto the consumer because Ford will not stand behind it's product, being a coward by claiming it's normal wear and tear. No wonder why Ford is having a problem selling cars. What ever happen to standing behind your product

- , Havertown, PA, USA