$1,900.00

1. replace brake lines (2 reports)
2003 Ford Expedition brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Expedition:

2003 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 012015

Expedition XLT Triton 5.2L

As aar3qd reported, I experienced a total brake failure. Thank goodness it happened in a parking garage with no damage to vehicle or persons. I feel really lucky since I have just returned from a 1100 mile trip through the mountains. As they say "timing is everything" I definately believe this is a major cause for loss of life since there was no warning. I will report this to the NHTSB and Ford.

- , Prospect, KY, USA

Jul 162013

Expedition Eddie Bauer V8

The brake line was rusted out which caused complete brake failure. If I had been driving at high speed or in traffic I may not be around to file this report.

I speaking to the service person he informed me that he has seen other Fords with this same issue brake lines rusted out.

I have filed a complete with the Federal National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) and I would like for all other Ford owners that have the same issue file a complete with the NHTSA by calling (888) 327-4236 and give them complete information.

A Ford recall mandated by the federal government may save a life.

Note please have your Ford checked for rusted on the brake lines that are over the top of the frame for rust.

A rusted out line will fail with out any advanced warning and you will have complete brake failure. .

- , National Harbor, MD, USA