8.0

$1,500.00

1. ford should have fixed the problem (1 reports)
2003 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Expedition:

2003 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jan 232007

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

I was driving my 2003 Ford Expedition at freeway speed on my way home from work last year and suddenly experienced loss of power and excessive noise from the engine. I thought it may have been a fuel problem and took steps in that direction (additives, fuel filter, etc.). The problem was still there. I took it to the dealer and was told my intake manifold had a non-serviceable gasket which was leaking coolant. The problem would not be repaired under warranty and I was out of a vehicle for two weeks. Additionally, while at the dealership a rat or some sort of rodent entered my vehicle and chewed up my carpet. Fortunately the dealer fixed it without too much of a problem except I was without the vehicle for several more days and they put a huge scratch in more drivers door sill that they tried to cover with touch up paint. I didn't notice the scratch for quite a while and thought it pointless to pursue.

- , Tracy, CA, USA