1. ford should have fixed the problem (2 reports)
2003 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Expedition:

2003 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 122014

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L Triton V8

Customer pays for new intake manifold and six hours labor. Relayed information to Ford. They do not see this a recall issue.

- , Bourbonnais, IL, USA

Jan 232007

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

I was driving my 2003 Ford Expedition at freeway speed on my way home from work last year and suddenly experienced loss of power and excessive noise from the engine. I thought it may have been a fuel problem and took steps in that direction (additives, fuel filter, etc.). The problem was still there. I took it to the dealer and was told my intake manifold had a non-serviceable gasket which was leaking coolant. The problem would not be repaired under warranty and I was out of a vehicle for two weeks. Additionally, while at the dealership a rat or some sort of rodent entered my vehicle and chewed up my carpet. Fortunately the dealer fixed it without too much of a problem except I was without the vehicle for several more days and they put a huge scratch in more drivers door sill that they tried to cover with touch up paint. I didn't notice the scratch for quite a while and thought it pointless to pursue.

- , Tracy, CA, USA