5.0

2003 Ford Expedition suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Expedition:

2003 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 252006

Expedition 8-cyl

I kept feeling a "slipping feeling" in the rear of my 2003 Ford Expedition. Like a gear and notches of the gear were not lining up properly to inter-lock and turn. It would feel like a jumping, slipping. I took it local dealership, they replaced the rear clutches. Since that time, it has been in two different dealerships in less than a year and the rear clutches have been replaced five times and now I am about to take in for number six.

- Semmes, AL, USA

Nov 072002

Expedition

Consumer state while traveling 79 mph consumer notices a high pitch whining noise coming from the rear axle. Dealer has been contacted and notice rear axle was rubbing and order new axle.

- Gainville, FL, USA