2.4

2004 Ford Expedition drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jun 272015

Expedition

The contact owns a 2004 Ford Expedition. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was restarted and taken to a dealer and an independent mechanic; however, the cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The contact mentioned that the alternator, battery, transmission, fuel pump, and fuel bypass switch were replaced; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 126,000.

- Valley Grove, WV, USA

Aug 012013

Expedition 8-cyl

I noticed that my SUV was starting to ride a little rough. A month later it started to ride a whole lot rougher. I saw that my tires on the front end were wearing on the inside tread. Then the whole front end started to shake while driving. I took it to a gateway and they to ld me that it was my two front lower ball joints on the SUV were bad and needed replacing. I don't understand why the truck was riding so smooth and all of a sudden the lower ball joints go bad.

- Robinsonville, MS, USA

Sep 152008

Expedition 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph, the vehicle would not accelerate. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the transmission would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred and the transmission had to be replaced a second time. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,465.

- Grosse Pointe Farms, MI, USA