2. new key cut & programmed (1 reports)
2004 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Expedition 4.6L

MY AUTO HAS BEEN AT THE FORD SHOP A WEEK NOW. I DON'T HAVE TRANSPORTATION TO GET AROUND. I WAS TOLD THE ELECTRONIC FUEL SENSOR IS BAD. I WAS LOOKING AT RECALLS AND IT'S ON THE LIST FOR THAT PROBLEM, SO WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH? THE PART THEY ARE SPEAKING ONLY COST 90 DOLLARS. I COULD'VE BOUGHT IT MYSELF AND PAY A MECHANIC TO INSTALL IT FOR 150 DOLLARS. PLEASE CHECK IF THIS AUTO IS PART OF THE RECALL.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 152015

Expedition Eddie Bauer

Our car has suddenly turned off while on the freeway travel at speeds of up to 70 mph. The car loses all power. It has happened about four times now. It turns back on, but we are worried we could end up in a terrible accident.

- , Castaic, CA, USA

Oct 012012

Expedition

My 2004 Ford Exp. would randomly cut off while driving. I took it to the dealership and to several other mechanics; however, everyone told me that the computer did not produce any codes; therefore, could not tell me what the issue was. They stated that in order to tell me what was wrong, that the car would have to cut off and not turn back on. Of course this never happens because the car always seems to start back up within 2-5 min. of cutting off. So, I took it to a local mechanic who was ford certified and worked on cars the old way(not depending solely on a computer for diagnoses). Come to find out the chip in my key was bad, which was causing the computer of the car not to be able to read it, which resulted in the car shutting of. I had a new key cut and re-program to my car computer and the car has not shut off since.. (total- $67.00 to diagnose.. $100 for a locksmith to cut a key and re-program it to the car computer). So after 8 months of having a broken car, I am finally back to driving my SUV with no issues.

- , Fay, NC, USA