2.1

2004 Ford Expedition exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jun 292010

Expedition 8-cyl

We own a 2004 Ford Expedition. On June 29th my wife and two children were driving the truck home when a spark plug blew out of the head. She drove the truck to me at work not knowing what really happened. There was a plug attached to the coil bouncing against the block near a hole spitting gas an gas vapor. I'm not sure what situation is needed to order a recall but it looked to me like one unlucky bounce and an engine fire would breakout. I have since looked this matter up and found multiple people with the same problem. At the very least Ford should be responsible to inform their buyers that this is a possibility. I had no previous knowledge of this being a problem or I would have put anti-seize on the plugs which could have stopped the problem. In a time when Toyota had to cause accidents and death to get something done maybe we could be a little more proactive on this one.

- Sunset Beach, CA, USA