2004 Ford Expedition seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 032004

Expedition 8-cyl

While traveling about 55 mph on I85 in charlotte during a thunderstorm, we were in the center lane and an 18 wheeler was in the right lane. Suddenly, the front of the vehicle lifted up and we went left -head on with the concrete median. Then bounced off the wall and came back across two lanes of traffic and hit the 18 wheeler head on. Bounced off the truck heading straight ahead in the center lane where we started and coasted off the road. Not one of our air bags deployed! 55mph -2 head on collisions - and they didn't even attempt to come out! we had to have a tow truck come and pick up our 2004 Ford Expedition (1 owner) and they took it to a Ford dealership for the insurance adjuster to come and investigage. We had to rent a car to get off the highway with our family. The vehicle was totalled immediately by my insurance company.

- Hendersonville, NC, USA

Jun 122005

Expedition 8-cyl

Air bag/brakes failed. 2004 Ford Expedition. At 28500 miles brakes and rotor was replaced along with the clutches in the rear two weeks later this accident. Noise was still heard in the rear after the repair. Car was totaled.

- Eads, TN, USA

Feb 142005

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle was rear ended from behind. Consumer's vehicle was pushed into another vehicle. Upon impact, both airbags did not deploy. Driver sustained chest pains, and went to the hospital the next day. Vehicle was drivable, and driver drove the vehicle home.

- Perris, CA, USA

Aug 062004

Expedition

While driving 60 mph vehicle lost control and colliding head on with a pole vehicle. Upon impact, dual air bags did not deploy. Driver sustained major facial injuries due to hitting her face on the steering wheel.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jul 062004

Expedition 8-cyl

I was driving at aproximately 30-40 mph when a deer croosed the road and I swerved to miss it and lost control of my vehicle. I then crashed in to a thick tele pole and broke it in two, the vehicle proceeded several feet into a barrier head on. The front of my vehicle was damaged by hitting the pole on the pasenge side in line with the seat, totaling the vehicle and ripping off the front passenger tire and conecting parts, further damage to the center of the vehicle when it struck the afore mentioned barrier. I don't know if this is a legitimate complaint or even a complaint. But I was told that my air bags should have deployed as I crashed going faster than 14 mph, they did not deploy. I wish they did because I was hurt and am still feeling some of the injuries since July 6, 2004 ( over 3 weeks ago ). I felt like evil kenevil after missing a jump. The insurance company totaled the vehicle as it had severe frontal damage and a bent frame and some cam thing damaged on the passenger side. I want to know all the facts available regarding the air bags to include sensors, their locations and how many, testing process/equipment used, air bag computer control info ect. I called the Ford Motor Company and told them what happened and the said the were going to call me back, they did not.

- Pasadena, MD, USA