2004 Ford Expedition suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 042012

Expedition 8-cyl

I bought Ford Expedition with airbags suspension and now it's broken likewise air compressor too was damages, which I didn't know or any idea they sold me this SUV, loaded with this airbags suspension, is it legal here in Hawaii to sold cars or SUV's loaded with airbags suspension ?

- Kahuku,, HI, USA

Aug 012013

Expedition 8-cyl

I noticed that my SUV was starting to ride a little rough. A month later it started to ride a whole lot rougher. I saw that my tires on the front end were wearing on the inside tread. Then the whole front end started to shake while driving. I took it to a gateway and they to ld me that it was my two front lower ball joints on the SUV were bad and needed replacing. I don't understand why the truck was riding so smooth and all of a sudden the lower ball joints go bad.

- Robinsonville, MS, USA

Jul 052013

Was driving when brakes went completely out when I went to stop at a stop sign.. cause due to rust corrosion. Brakes giving out could have caused a fatal car accident. Rust has damaged all brake lines and fuel lines. Rust is now moving up the vehicle. Brake lines and fuel lines should have a protected coating or made with a non corrosion metal. I had no idea that my brake line was rusted out till my brakes gave out. These vehicle need to be recalled and have new lines. Also have a protected coating applied under the vehicle to stop rust. Very very dangerous driving around not knowing that you have rust under your vehicle eating away at your brake lines and fuel lines.

- Pass Christian , MS, USA

Aug 012013

My truck has started making a very loud noise coming from the front under side of the vehicle. Upon further investigation we have discovered that there was excessive rust and corrosion on the frame. This has caused parts of the engine to shift and rub/ collide with other parts and cause the noises. Our mechanic and my husband both feel that the rust and corrosion have made the vehicle unsafe to drive. There is no way to tell when any part of the engine/vehicle could break free, possibly causing more damage and or an accident while driving. Our vehicle is very well maintained and the amount of rust and corrosion is excessive for the year and mileage on the vehicle. The lack of ability to tell when or where the framework may give out makes it unsafe in our opinion to drive. Especially with children in the vehicle most of the time. The corrosion is also so excessive we believe it is not repairable by any body shop. My frustration with this is that we had not planned on getting a new vehicle and were planning on driving it for quite awhile longer. Other then the rust and corrosion the vehicle is in fairly good condition.. I believe that the rust and corrosion sounds very similar to that described on the Windstar and should be investigated along with the Windstar problems. Finally there is also excessive bubbling of the paint in various locations of the vehicle.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

May 012004

While driving vehicle made a loud popping noise and vibrated. Took vehicle to dealer for service three times, and dealer informed consumer that this was normal.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jan 272005

Expedition 8-cyl

While driving at any speed steering vibrates violently. Dealer states the steering rod malfunctioned. All 4 wheels were balanced, however steering wheel is still vibrating and noisy. Blue smoke from exhaust. No problem found. All windows slow to go down and squeaks. No problem found. Abnormal starting. Engine fan noisy. Dealer found normal operation. Clanking noise in steering column. Lower steering shaft was replaced.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA