1.7

2005 Ford Expedition accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Expedition:

2005 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jan 032010

Expedition

While driving on two different occasions a message has appeared on my instrument panel saying, "check electronic throttle control." When this happens I immediately lose my acceleration. Both times I was on a hill and thank goodness I did not lose braking ability as described by others. When you are on a hill in a vehicle of this size it is nearly impossible to maneuver to a safe location. The first time this occurred was November 27, 2009 and again yesterday, January 3, 2010. I am almost 6 months pregnant and Transport 4 young children to and from school. After researching this problem online, I have discovered that this is a very common problem on the 2005 Ford Expedition. I am very afraid that someone is going to be seriously injured or killed by this failure. I have read many reports on here dating back more than a year and I am curious as to what it takes to have this recalled. Heaven forbid someone loses their life.

- Robersonville, NC, USA