6.0

1. replace coils/spark plug (2 reports)
2005 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Expedition:

2005 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 242015

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L V8

My husband replaced all the coils and spark plugs himself shortly after purchasing Jan 2014 at 105k miles. This required the special $100 removal tool since they are well known for breaking off in the engine. : / So 18 months later (max), the engine starts running progressively rougher on a 30 minute drive. By the time I get there it's running really rough and the light is on. When I go to leave it's still rough and gets bad enough that I call my husband to come get us from work because I don't feel safe driving home. He stops at O'Reilly on the way home and it's a cylinder 2 misfire. Can't figure it's the new coils he just installed he looks into other options... finally pulls #2 spark plug and it's broken. Installs and new one and the problem is fixed (for a few months that is...)

- , Lee's Summit, USA

May 302015

Expedition V6

I HAVE CHILDREN AND IT HAVE CUT OFF WHILE I WAS DRIVING BECAUSE OF THE MISFIRE THE CAR HAD.

- , Park City, IL, USA

Apr 202011

Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton

Spark plug #2 is misfiring. I have talked to a few auto mechanics, they all said this is an ongoing problem. There needs to be a recall on these vehicals. I am going to try to get the Dealer I bought the car from to fix it.

- , Calcium, NY, USA